Second annual race will be Saturday, March 8, this year starting and finishing at Leatherwood Mountains Resort.
Same course as 2013, but now finishing with the stream crossing and the climb through Joe Town.
Gravel FUNdo riders will have the option to stay dry on an alternate finish route.
Registration will open right after the New Year – keep an eye on the Facebook page for announcements.
Tom Dula’s Revenge will help raise funds for
Jon was one of the very first people to sign up for the race, but was severely injured on May 11 when a tractor-trailer ran him down and fled the scene. Please consider making a donation at GrabLifeByTheHandlebars.org
More Fun Than Boone-Roubaix?!?
A new 50 Mile Roubaix-style Gravel Grinder featuring 15 miles of unpaved roads on a rolling and twisting course through the Foothills of Wilkesboro, starting and finishing at the Wilkesboro Raceway Park drag strip! This is Pirate Race Productions’ FLATTEST and MOST FUN COURSE ever. Like, ever.
Once again there will be a Gravel FUNdo category for folks wanting to enjoy the challenge at a leisurely pace, making this is a great opportunity for all of your riding friends to spend the weekend in Wilkesboro enjoying one of America’s best riding destinations. Click here from great lodging deals.
The scenic and quiet country roads of Wilkes County are punctuated by eight unique gravel sections from one to three miles in length, giving it a much more “Classic” feel than Boone-Roubaix. However, the course does include a potential dismounted stream crossing followed by a climb up a narrow and loose trail into the Leatherwood Mountain Resort, because, well, I’m still me. The start and finish will be on the smoking pavement of the Wilkesboro Raceway Park drag strip, where there are real bathrooms, indoor shelter if the weather is nasty, and their grill will be serving up lunch.
The race will offer cash prizes and very cool shwag courtesy of Dave Frye, the coolest sales rep in the South, and we will have a prize drawing raffle for all the participants in the Gravel FUNdo as well.
Register for the Race and Gravel FUNdo on BikeReg.com through Thursday, May 30 for $50, or you can sign up day-of for $60. To be guaranteed the right size of the very cool tee shirt, you need register by this Friday, May 17. Course maps, directions, and more info are available at www.BikeHighCountry/TomDula and follow the Tom Dula’s Revenge Facebook page for event news or to ask questions.
NEW Course Preview Video:
Click on “View Full Route” in top left of map for more detail, click “Map” in top right and select “Satellite” and zoom in on the start/finish area. Dirt Bike icon represents unpaved sections. Letter “i” icon represents other significant course details. Float mouse over icon for detailed info.
Interactive Google map showing all the unpaved sections, significant climbs, and rest stops – great for spectators who want to drive the course
View Tom Dula’s Revenge in a larger map
This is the second race in the Capo Cycling King of Pain Series. Series leaders in each age-group will receive a Capo Custom King of Pain Leaders Jersey and a free entry to The Ascent 9.25 Mile Hill Climb in Blowing Rock on August 11.
CHIP TIMING provided by Blue Mountain Revival Productions
- Registration is capped at 250 riders across all categories.
- Online registration at BikeReg.com is $50.
- Online registration closes 8:00PM EST, Thursday, May 31
- On-site registration open 7:30-8:30AM. $10 late fee.
- There are no refunds.
- Cash or Prizes three deep to every race category
- Trophies for category winners
- Category Cash Payouts $50/10 entries, paying one deep/$100
- Top-three category finishers not receiving cash payouts will receive awesome shwag
- E.g. If there are 37 people in your category, it will pay $150/2 deep: $100 first, $50 second, and third place will get shwag
- The first place overall woman finisher will receive at least $50 regardless of number of category participants.
- Award presentation at approximately noon, but not before top three in every race category have finished
- There will be NO PRIZES AWARDED for the Gravel FUNDo but there will be a raffle exclusively for Gravel FUNDo participants after everyone has finished.
- All registrants will receive a commemorative item TBA