- Tom Dula’s Revenge will consist of two sequential events: a mass-start race followed immediately by a recreational Gran Fondo. Both events use the same course, and both events will be timed. The race will have dedicated wheel trucks and prizes for age group winners.
- Individuals who have been sanctioned for doping are not welcome at Pirate Race Productions events.
- All participants must sign a waiver.
- Riders must wear CPSC approved helmets and wear them at all times when riding a bicycle.
- Riders must carry at least one spare tube, a flat kit, a pump, and a multi-tool. A quick link and a chain breaker are suggested. If you only bring a CO2 pump, bring extra cartridges.
- Road tires of at least 25c diameter with a reinforced tread and sidewall are highly recommended. Knobby cyclocross or mountain bike are not required.
- Riders with tubular or tubeless tires must carry adequate supplies to fix a puncture and/or burp.
- A wide gear range that will enable you to both climb steep unpaved hills and maintain momentum on long flat paved sections is strongly recommended
- MTB-style shoes are strongly recommended for the race and anyone completing the full route in the Gravel FUNdo, as there is one submerged road section at mile 48.3, followed by a steep and technical climb to the finish where you may be forced to dismount and walk a short distance before you can resume pedaling.
- RACERS may drop off spare wheels (above rule still applies) to be transported by wheel trucks following the race. Be sure your wheels are clearly labeled with your name, contact info, and gearing e.g.S(himano/SRAM) or C(ampy) – 9/10/11. HOWEVER as the race progresses and the wheel trucks fall back it may be a lot faster to change a flat yourself than to wait for the wheel truck to catch up to you. “Wheels in/Wheels out” applies
- All participants will be issued a disposable timing chip
- Ensure your bottle cages can handle rough roads. Consider carrying your bottles in your jersey pocket for the opening section of the race. Do not use seatpost-mounted “rocket launcher” bottle cages or you may injure a following rider.
- Centerline rule will be strictly enforced. The course uses many narrow roads that are open to traffic.
- Organizer reserves right to combine age-group and/or prizes for age-groups with fewer than 10 (ten) riders
- Cancellation, postponement or re-routing of course due to dangerous conditions at the discretion of land owners, law enforcement, and the promoter.
- There are no refunds.
- Online registration is $50 at BikeReg.com.
- You must register by February 15 to be guaranteed a T-Shirt
- Online registration closes 7:00PM EST, Friday, March 28
- On-site registration open SUNDAY ONLY 8:30-9:30AM. $10 late fee.
- There are no refunds.
- DISPOSABLE CHIP TIMING provided by Blue Mountain Revival Productions
- Medals to the top three finishers in every race category
- Race category payouts $50 per 10 entries – click here for details
- Award presentation at approximately 1:00 PM
- Winners must be present at awards ceremony to collect their prizes
- No awards for the Gran Fondo
- Variable weather conditions leading up to or on the day of the event may result in extreme riding conditions.
- The rider and bicycle should be in top condition before attempting this race.
- The course includes unpaved roads that may be extremely rough, covered in deep potholes and/or muddy.
- This race will be epic.
- Don’t give up.